You are going to do a project on the Renaissance. For this project, you will research a person, place, or thing and then give a short presentation to the class. Today, you will learn a bit about each of the potential topics and then submit 3 choices. Ms. Schlichting will then assign your official topic in history class.
- Names: Michelangelo, Dante, Shakespeare, Guttenberg, Albrecht Durer, Petrarch, Tiziano Vecellio, Giovanni Bellini, Raphael Sanzio, the Medici family, Donatello, Filippo Brunelleschi, Masaccio (Tommaso di Giovanni di Simone Guidi), Botticelli (Alessandro di Mariano), Girolamo Savonarola, Leonardo da Vinci, Copernicus, Galileo Galilei, Niccolo Tartaglia, Marco Polo, Bartholomew Diaz, Vasco da Gama, Ferdinand Magellan, Francisco Pizarro,
- Places: Vatican in Rome, Sistine Chapel, Duomo in Florence (Florence Cathedral), Tower of Pisa, Fountains in Rome (Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, etc), Palazzo Pitti
- Art Work: Last Supper, Mona Lisa, The David,
- Written Work: The Prince, The Inferno, Don Quixote,
- Other Things: alchemy, medicine, astronomy, Sextant, navigation, time pieces
To learn about these topics, search Answers and read through the results.