First, I would like for you to finish setting up your spreadsheets and to watch this video to verify that your formulas are correct. I would suggest that you listen to this with headphones so that you can start and stop it as you need to.
Once you have your spreadsheet set up to track your transactions, you will want to do the following:
- Name Sheet #1 Transactions
- Add a second sheet (Sheet #2) and name it Stock Research
- Name Column A – Ticker Symbol
- Name Column B – Company Name
- Name Column C – What does this company do?
- Name Column D – Why would you invest in this company?
- Stretch the columns out so that they are easy to work with and turn on Word Wrap for columns B, C, and D
The image below will help you figure it all out.
Stock Market Research Links
Use these links, as well as any others that Mr. Hileman has told you about, to research potential stock purchases.